How can journaling support you to care for yourself and cultivate resilience?
In today's episode, I speak with one of the leading voices in the field of Journaling for Wellbeing and director of the International Association for Journal Writing (IAJW), Lynda Monk, about her years of work supporting others to use personal writing as a tool for wellness.
Our conversation covers many topics, including:
- Personal writing as a valuable self-care practice
- Journaling as a tool to prevent burnout and cultivate resilience
- The space for releasing and filling-up that the journal can provide
- How to create a safe space when facilitating journaling
- Lynda's mentors and inspirations
- Lynda's recent books and her work with the IAJW
- How Lynda uses her journal day-to-day
Towards the end of the conversation, Lynda invites me and you, the listener, to participate in a 5 minute writing prompt, 'Right now, in my life when I take pauses, I notice...' followed by our reflections on this exercise.
International Association for Journal Writing
Lynda's co-written book, Writing Alone Together
Lynda's co-edited book, Transformational Journaling for Coaches, Therapists and Clients
Registration is now open for the next round of my 6 week Journal to the Self course, which starts on Sunday 19th March. Read more and book your place here
I hope that this episode has supported you on your journey of creativity and connection.
Thanks to lesfm for providing the theme music, 'In the Forest'.
If you have feedback or requests for future podcast episodes, please get in touch.
For details of workshops, courses and 1:1 mentoring or to join the Write to Connect community, visit JourneySong.ink
Follow JourneySong on Twitter or Facebook